This intensive program gives students the opportunity to hone their pastry skills through the pedagogy of Ducasse Education. Through our hands-on, immersive lectures and labs, students are given the chance to master fundamental, advanced, and superior skills that will help them make it in the world of pastry arts. This comprehensive program includes an optional internship through which students can gain industry experience and foster a community that will help open the doors to their dream career.
PATISSERIE (5 Months)
At the end of this class, participants should be able to:
- Execute the skills to begin working in a Pastry Shop, Bakery, Restaurant, or Hotel.
- Master the ability to integrate pastry techniques and recipes in operating one’s own Pastry Shop.
- Showcase the skills learned in an optional international internship.
- Obtain a “Pastry Background”: to have knowledge of the different biscuits, different creams which are composed of different delights
BAKERY (2 Months)
At the end of this class, participants should be able to :
- Follow the standard processes.
- Analyze the fundamental techniques involved in Baking Artisanal Breads.
- Apply the techniques learned in class to various recipes and occasions.
- Create their own bread using the techniques learned in class.
KITCHEN MANAGEMENT (1 Month)
- Set up the structural organization of a kitchen, according to its specific needs and activities.
- Know how to write a recipe, calculate its production cost, both manually and available software.
- Set up the budget of a kitchen, supervise its control and possibly set up remedial measures.
- Manage human resources within a kitchen. (analyze profiles, manage recruitment, encourage well being and efficiency)
- Organize and manage a Team by balancing authority, empathy, and rigor.
Start Date: April 20, 2020
Tuesday to Friday 1:00 PM – 7:00 PM (Demo and Lab)
Wed 9:00 AM – 12:00 NN (Lecture)
April 28 – October 30
Monday to Thursday 7:00 AM – 1:00 PM (Demo and Lab)
Friday 9:00 AM – 12:00 NN (Lecture)
Awaiting further announcements on new schedule; regular classes will resume starting April 20.